Thank you so much for your interest in submitting to the Shoot It With Film blog! We love to feature work and tutorials from film photographers from every genre and stage of their film photography journey. Take a look below for the submission process and the type of work we are currently featuring.
We are currently looking for film photography submissions in the following categories: travel, fine art, personal work, experimental film work, toy camera photography, and Polaroid film work.
- All images must be shot on film.
- Images should have a cohesive theme.
- Please include 10-20 images.
- Images should be sized to 1500 pixels in width and 72dpi.
- Images should be safe-for-work content.
- Images should not have watermarks.
- Shoot It With Film is non-exclusive. Feel free to submit images to other sites, but text, essay, and stories should be unique for Shoot It With Film.
- Please submit images using a Dropbox link.
- Upload your images to a folder at www.dropbox.com.
- Click Share Folder
- Click Create A Link
- Click Copy Link and include the link in your submission email.
- Email the submission to email@example.com.
- Please include the following in your submission email:
- The Dropbox link for your images.
- The cameras, film stocks, and developing/scanning lab used.
- A brief summary about you or your images. This can be as short or as long as you would like. Summary suggestions: background about your trip, inspiration behind the images, what you loved about taking the images, your film journey, or anything else you would like to share. If you don’t love writing, don’t stress! Just give me a sentence or two so I have some background to do the blog post. If writing is totally your thing, please share it all! We’ll include it with the blog post.
- Your name, website, and social media links.
If you’d like to write a tutorial for Shoot It With Film or have a published blog post or video you think would be a good fit for our site, please email an outline of your tutorial idea or the published blog post along with your website and/or social media links to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tutorials should be film photography related. There is no word limit; we accept short form articles, long form articles, and video tutorials. After your tutorial idea has been accepted, you can follow the image submission guidelines above to send in your written article and images.
Example tutorial topics: (These are just suggestions! We are open to any idea you might have!)
- How-to articles for a specific film photography techniques
- Reviews of film stocks or cameras
- Instructional articles on developing, darkroom, or scanning techniques
- Comparisons between different cameras or film stocks
- Lists of the best cameras/films for a specific use (ex: top 5 film cameras for beginners, best films for landscape photography, etc.)
You can check out our published tutorials here.
Thank you so much for submitting to Shoot It With Film! We cannot wait to feature all of your incredible images and tutorials!!!